Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Between Time

This is the time of year that I find the hardest.
During the day the temperatures are getting a little warmer each day, the sun is out sometimes, the urge to go and play at the playground is strong, even if your boots only barely clear the 6 inch-deep puddles under the swings.
In the morning, however, the puddles have frozen, the roads are treacherous, the sun which lured you outside without your gloves is no match for the still below-freezing temps.
I try to remind myself that this is what March is like in Minnesota. It's all part of the transition into Spring.
Winter has never been my favorite time. I tend to hibernate when the temperature is below 30; knitting, baking, stories, this is how I spend the darker months of the year.
 The muddy footprints leading to a waiting bicycle give me hope that this in between time will be short-lived.



No comments:

Post a Comment